Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lincoln Brewster - "Love the Lord"

So, what is the Dean of Nashotah House doing promoting a contemporary Christian music video? Well, let's just say that I am liturgically and musically ambidextrous. If you are an Anglican who is into contemporary Christian music, try imagining the following piece as a response to the Summary of the Law (in place of the Gloria—a rubrically permissable substitution in the 1979 BCP) for use in a contemporary worship setting.

If your liturgical taste stops with Healey Willan and the 1928 BCP, do not click on the video below. It will only give you apoplexy, or the vapors, or something. If it is too late, and you have already clicked on the video, just take two aspirin, or maybe a stiff Gin & Tonic, and lie down. It will pass.

And if you haven't understood a word I have said in the preceding two paragraphs, I hope you'll enjoy the video anyway.



♪ I will love You Lord
With all my heart
With all my soul
With all my mind
And with all my strength...♪

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"liturgically and musically ambidextrous"... is that why you don't attend an Episcopal Church on Sundays?

Robert S. Munday said...

Well, "John," as it happens, I DO attend an Episcopal Church on Sundays. And if you knew what you were talking about, you'd know which one.