You almost never hear them come out and use the word, “abortion.” Because they’re hiding something. They know it is wrong; and they know the majority of Americans believe it is wrong.
That is why it was surprising and, in a way, gratifying to hear Cecile Richards of Planned Parenthood go on stage at the Democratic National Convention and tell the crowd that Hillary Clinton:
“will always stand up for the rights of every woman to access a full range of reproductive health care, including abortion, no matter her economic status.”She told the horrifying truth: Hillary Clinton believes abortion — the killing of an innocent child — is not just a right, it is a taxpayer-funded entitlement—even when the baby is in the 9th month of pregnancy!
As we come down to 100 days until the next presidential election, we must consider Hillary Clinton’s pro-abortion extremism, and we must unify to elect leaders who will pass lifesaving laws and appoint pro-life judges and Supreme Court justices.
Because it’s not just Hillary. The entire Democratic National Convention was a celebration of abortion and the "progress" they have made, by which they meant the killing of millions of precious boys and girls who have been aborted since the 1973 Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade.
In fact, the Democratic Platform Committee this year put forth the most pro-abortion platform EVER in their party’s history. The Democratic Platform includes provisions for:
- Abortions on babies old enough to live outside the womb.
- Repealing the “Hyde Amendment” so they can force you and me to pay for abortion on-demand with our tax dollars.
- Hundreds of millions of dollars for Planned Parenthood, the organization that has been caught on video discussing the harvest and sale of the body parts of babies they abort!
It hasn't been reported much in the media (are we surprised?) but this year's Republican National Convention passed a platform that has been described as the most pro-life in the party's history. The cultural divide between the two parties has been growing ever since the presidencies of Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan; but it is now more clearly defined and more serious in terms of the consequences for our country than ever before.
I urge you to do two things:
1. To contribute to a pro-life ministry--a crisis pregnancy center in your town, if there is one, or a local or national organization that is aimed at providing assistance to women with unexpected pregnancies or that is working to provide even greater protection for pre-born children. (If there isn't a crisis pregnancy center in your town, I urge you get together with some friends and start one. There are several national organizations, such as Care Net, that exist to help you.)
2. To vote for and to work to elect those candidates in this November's election who will advance the cause of life in our country and provide legal protection for unborn children and assistance to their parents. (We always speak of assistance to the mothers; but for every crisis pregnancy there is a father, too, who also needs spiritual and material assistance.)
Here are some organizations you might consider supporting:
The Susan B. Anthony List: https://www.sba-list.org
The National Right to Life Committee: http://www.nrlc.org
Care Net Pregnancy Centers: https://www.care-net.org
And, if you are an Anglican, as I am, please consider supporting Anglicans for Life: http://anglicansforlife.org
If you are a Christian of another tradition, there is information on pro-life organizations in your tradition through the National Pro-life Religious Council: http://www.nprcouncil.org