Syrian church leaders have called for a day of prayer for their country and its people on Saturday, 11th May. Primarily, they are calling for prayer for peace to be restored to their country, enabling all Syrians to live in harmony within their own country.
- Violent conflict will end, and reconciliation processes will begin
- Those bereaved and traumatized will know the healing touch of Jesus
- Those displaced will know the provision and protection of the Father; and those supporting them will know the wisdom and enabling of the Spirit
- Those from all communities who have been kidnapped, including the two bishops and two priests kidnapped, will be released unharmed soon
- Unity amongst Christian communities will be strengthened and that Christians will know the Lord's equipping as they respond to the overwhelming needs around them
- All those choosing to use violent methods will know the Spirit's conviction of sin and respond to the Father's offer of forgiveness and new life in the Son.
We need to keep Syria in our prayers, not only on May 11, but continually.