Read the whole story.
Here are some of the points I took away from this brief video about what these young people are looking for in Church:
- They love the emphasis on Scripture.
- They love the Sacraments.
- They love worship that is grounded in ancient tradition.
- They love worship that is paticipatory and interactive.
- They love being part of a movement that is globally connected.
- They love church leaders taking a stand for the faith.
- They respect the willingness of these congregations to walk away from property for their beliefs.
- (In regard to the previous two points: The Episcopal Church's litigation strategy is creating martyrs.)
- They recognize that the Anglican Church in North America is a movement that is growing (with a strategy to double to 2000 churches in five years).
- They appreciate being part of a revitalized tradition, in contrast to the decay of many mainline churches.